The mind is not a book to be opened at will and examined at leisure.
- Severus Snape, OOTP.

fredag den 15. april 2011

Be proud of who you are

Proud. To be proud.
You are you and no one else. Don't try to be like everyone but try your best to be you.
Every one wants to change something about themselves. Yes, even I want to change something about myself. It might be ones hight, ones noes, ones feet or something else. But we only have the body that we were born in so accept it as it is.
I know that in these newer days we can change a lot when it comes to appearance. We can use make-up to cover our imperfections, surgery to get a new noes and much more. But you can't love anyone before you love yourself for who you are.
I know this may not change the way you look upon yourself. A short person may want to be a little higher and a brunette may want to be a blond. I am not very tall myself and I often say that I would love to be a few centimeters higher. Furthermore I've changed my hair color so many times because I wanted a different hair color. But I've realized that people that love me doesn't love me for the way I look. They love me for my personality. And after I've read this awesome quote by Daniel Radcliffe - the guy who play Harry Potter - I've come to terms with the fact that I won't get taller. The quote can be seen in the picture.
Be proud of who you are.
-Daniel Radcliffe

You should not be afraid to be who you are. One thing I really don't like is people hating other people for being themselves and being open about it. I've got a really good friend who is homosexual and he doesn't hide it. He is proud of who he is and I couldn't be more proud of a friend. He knows that homosexuals are still being looked down upon. He is a good example of how you should be proud of who you are.

So my question for you is: Are you proud of who you are or is there anything you would change about your appearance and why?

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

Feel free to leave a comment.