The mind is not a book to be opened at will and examined at leisure.
- Severus Snape, OOTP.

mandag den 25. april 2011

A boggart.

Afraid. To be afraid.
We all have something we are afraid of. We all fear something. Some things more than others. Some fear spiders and some fear death.
In Harry Potter and the Prisoner Of Azkaban J.K. Rowling introduces the world for a creature called a Boggart. A boggart lives in closets and other places where it is dark and it can be hidden. No one knows how it actually looks like, since it takes the look of ones biggest fear when one sees it. I asked one of my close friends what a boggart would turn into if she saw one. A rat she said. She then asked me what my boggart would turn into.
That is something I really don't know. I'm afraid of a lot of things. Not spiders, not death nor heights.. I'm a little afraid of snakes and little girls laughter. But my biggest fear is the things I come up with when I am alone. When I am alone, be it either in my bed or when my friends have gone home, I can convince myself that there is someone in the room looking at me, someone starring at me through the window - which is impossible, unless they have a very big latter - I can actually convince myself of the most awful things. And it's not because I like being afraid or because I think these are happening. I hate being afraid.
So what will my boggart turn into? I don't know. I really don't. I think that I am afraid of fear itself. I am afraid of things that's not there or doesn't exist. That's pretty hard to turn into right?

So my question to all of you reading this. What would a boggart turn into if you saw it and how would you defeat it? Remember laughter is the only thing that makes it go away, so make your fear funny. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

Feel free to leave a comment.