The mind is not a book to be opened at will and examined at leisure.
- Severus Snape, OOTP.

lørdag den 16. april 2011

To travel is to live.

Traveling. To travel.
To travel is to live. That's what the famous author Hans Christian Anderson once said, and I personally thinks he's right. I feel more alive when I am traveling than when I stay in my home.
I haven't traveled much but most of the places I've been has been beautiful and exciting. I've been to Germany a couple of times - as most Danes have, I've been to Prague and it was such a beautiful city! I've been to London three times it is my favorite city of all. I can't get enough of it. And last but not least I've been to Beijing. I never imagined I'd go there but it was amazing!
The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
- St. Augustine.

So in the 19 years of my life I haven't traveled that much. But I'm a sucker for it, really. I love experiencing new cultures. Seeing how people are different from us in Denmark. A good example could be: The Chinese students have more respect for their teacher than the students in Denmark does. The Chinese stand up, bow and say good morning when the teacher enters the room. Danish students stays put, makes noise and rarely says anything to the teacher.
But the thing I love the most about traveling is the feeling I get. This happy feeling. When I'm in London I feel like I belong. Like I'm home. And they say that the home is where the heart is. My heart is of course home with my mum and sister but it is also spread all over the world. Because the people there doesn't know me.

So my question for you this time is: Where have you traveled to? What was your favorite place? And where is your heart?

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

Feel free to leave a comment.